Saturday, April 16, 2011

April 16th

Hard to believe the semester is winding down.  I have so much to do to get ready for the upcoming experience in Italy. 

Today's adventures included the purchase of a new computer... because I cracked the screen of my 1 year old computer... oh well, technology has advanced even in one short year. 

I purchased a tiny netbook to take along on the travels.  Trying to lighten the load!  With tennis elbow and torn rotator cuff... luggage will be a problem! 

Several students and I met for dinner at Figo in Atlanta recently to toast our upcoming adventure.  I am really looking forward to it..... as soon as I finish grading papers, scoring Livetext, creating a presentation for the conference in Italy and setting up a new online course.... whew!  I need a vacation.

3 comments:

Courtney Chandler said...

wish i had the funds to get a lighter computer!!! mine was considered kind of light when i bought it
but you know with MS everything is Heavy when you need it not to be!!!

John Moore said...

Hey Dr. Foster!

I am going to take my Dell Netbook. Will we have opportunities to print anywhere or will we just email you any assignments we have to accomplish. I know, I can't just enjoy Italy, I have to get into the pragmatics... :-)

John

Dr. Linda H. Foster said...

@Courtney... we'll manage... :) John's strong right??? And John.... don't worry I'll get your assignments.... :)